Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Dandies--Pumpkin Spice


I've been thinking about baking Dandies into a cake for a few months. I knew that it probably was not a great idea but I did it anyway. Last week a friend asked me if I had any holiday cake ideas that I hadn't had time to try yet. Of course I did: Pumpkin Spice Marshmallow Cake with Maple Glaze & Toasted Pecan Pieces! I've baked Dandies into Cookies before and they were awesome! Baking them into a cake seemed like a delicious idea. I had hopes of a nice puffed marshmallow bite inside of the cake. I was pretty sure that were going to melt into the cake but wanted to try it anyway. That's exactly what happened and my cake had holes where the once perfectly puffed marshmallows were. The melted marshmallows was no surprise but they did leave a nice bite of gooey cake behind. Yum!

No comments: