Friday, May 14, 2010

Hot Chocolate Cookies

So, a long time ago I got a box of awesomeness from Chicago SoyDairy.

There is always something going on around here and I'm finally posting about it.

I am a big fan of Teese but the Dandies were the first to be opened. It's been a really long time since I've had a marshmallow. I have found a few marshmallow "like" desserts but these are the real deal when it comes to vegan marshmallows. I regularly bake Hot Chocolate Cookies for our co-op. They were the first thing to come to mind after eating a few Dandies. I chopped up the Dandies into smaller pieces to avoid a marshmallow explosion and to match the size of the cookie. These cookies have a deep rich chocolate taste followed by sweet and smoky from the sugar, cinnamon and chipotle pepper. Add to that the fluff and chew of the marshmallow pieces and you have the perfect addition to the already great Hot Chocolate Cookie. Thanks go out to Chicago SoyDairy. I'll be baking these on a regular basis.

No comments: