Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dandies- Marshmallow Ginger Truffles


I love Dandies. I have said it on here before and I am certain that I will post about them again in the future. These were sent to me from Chicago SoyDairy to use for some new ideas. I already loved them before they were sent to me and that's that.

So, I have a head full of ideas for these little gems but this is the first one out. The bakery has been busy but I managed to roll these out a few days ago. They are pretty simple to make if you already have some ganache in the refrigerator. Am I the only one who has ganache in the refrigerator? The biggest problem that I have is hot hands and melting chocolate. The solution is putting some cocoa powder on my gloves and working as fast as possible. The cocoa powder helps to keep the ganache from sticking to the gloves. This is what I did. Spoon out a bit of ganache, wrap it around one marshmallow and make a nice smooth ball. Then roll it in powdered ginger. They needed to be rolled in ginger a few times to get a nice coating. I think these turned out to be amazing. Great taste and textures, deep rich chocolate, fluff of marshmallow and a good bit of bite at the end from the ginger. Eating just one was not an option.

No comments: